To my delightful surprise, my experiments are so far working out beautifully!!! The silk dress panel looks very different on the pipe than the scarf panels do.
Since the bonded nylon is much thinner than the string I use on the scarves, the pleating is looking much more uniform, even through several layers of silk. Dress panel taped to pole Pole wound with nylon thread Nicely Scrunched Silk Panel
I have been thinking of ways I might get nice even small hand pleated fabric going vertical on the dyed Blue Diva panels! It is a design as I go process you could accurately say. I am very excited at just the thoughtthat it might work!! So, I decided to take a panel and wind it around and around the pole several times, to incorporate the entire five and a half feet of dress length. I used masking tape on the two edges to hold the silk to the pole. Pieces of masking tape held
Yesterday I washed the 4 silk panels and an extra scarf panel in synthrapol, and then rinsed them in cold, warm, and finally hot water. I then put them in the washer on rinse and spin cycle to make sure all detergent and water was removed. I love how they come out just damp and ready to iron flat again!! I took a few pictures to show the set up and how the panels turned out. First, the silk panels were soaked for about an hour in 3 gallons of water that had 1 and 1/2 cups of